SongRoutes New Orleans!
New Orleans, Louisiana - May 12-19, 2022
SongRoots is thrilled to be returning to New Orleans for a 7 day voyage jam-packed with music, food, history and culture. Get ready to explore this fascinating city that is unlike anywhere else in North America!
The birthplace of Jazz and the home of an incredibly rich African-American culture, New Orleans has created and nurtured a deep and powerful world of music, cuisine, community and arts. There are few places in North America where music is so vibrant, respected and celebrated. The music grabs you and invites you to participate.
Rich in culture, folkways, music, dance, cuisine and most importantly people and community - Louisiana is a special place to visit and learn from.
We will listen, learn, cook, taste, participate and enjoy!
New Orleans - May 12th-19th
Our itinerary will include...
- Gospel singing workshop with Topsy Chapman and Solid Harmony
- Workshop/talk/performance with Detroit Brooks, Bruce Sunpie Barnes & Dr Michael White
- Creole Storytelling Walking Tour and a visit to the Petit Jazz Museum (guided tour)
- 2 interviews with stellar New Orleans musicians (TBA)- hosted by Cindy Scott and Brian Seeger
- Concert by Brian Seeger and Cindy Scott
- Class/performance with Doreen Ketchens and her band!
- Night out at the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Cooking Class
- Swamp Tour
- Plantation tour
- Day Time Jazz Cruise on the Mississippi
- Curated nights out and more..
We will stay in the beautiful Hotel Provincial right in the French Quarter. We will be 3 blocks away from Frenchman Street - a live music paradise with. We are also 2 blocks from the Market and Cafe Du Monde (world famous beignets open 24 hours a day)!
**People can choose to book their own accommodation if they prefer and they can make their way to our daily meeting spots.**
Cost for the program - $995 USD plus GST (+$25 Registration Fee)
Cost for accommodations at Hotel Provincial (7 nights based on double occupancy) = $775 USD
Cost includes all performances, activities, classes, workshops, transportation. Lunch will be covered with the cooking class and swamp tour day. What is not included - flights to and from New Orleans, most food, any extra musical outings outside of our program.
Registration is OPEN - To apply click HERE